Local Service Opportunities
NMC’s Local Service Opportunities Coming: last year the Elders and staff identified three areas of our Spring 2020 Vision document that we wanted to focus on this year, one of which was continuing the development of our “culture of service” at Neffsville Mennonite Church. During the summer of 2020, the Elders asked Dwight Rohrer and Phil Hostetter to form a ministry team to develop some action points for this, and the team developed these and reported them back to the Elders. The Elders then asked Dwight and Phil to put some flesh on these action points. Out of this has grown the four “Local Service Opportunity Activities” (listed below) currently being planned for our congregation during the next 6 months.
- Arbor Place Meals: an opportunity to prepare and serve a take-out meal for children who attend the after-school program. (arborplace.org ) Contacts: Rick Barnett, Marcy High, Guy Martin and Bob Unruh.
- “Blessings of Hope” Food Box Distribution: an opportunity to give out “Blessings of Hope” food boxes from our church parking lot to families in the Manheim Township area. (blessingsofhope.com) Contacts: Bob Unruh, John & Linda Bomberger, Marcy High and Guy Martin.
- Compassion Project: an opportunity to serve families in our community by working on their outdoor repair/improvement projects. Contacts: Dave Leaman or Michele Hillegass. (LoveIncLancaster.org/compassion-projects)
- Community Sharing Project: an opportunity to organize monetary donations to local non-profit groups working within the community on housing, food, clothing, and utility needs. Contacts: Brianna Moyer, Michelle Hillegass and Rick Rutt.
- The Community Sharing project is active now through April 25, 2021. Go here for more information: https://www.neffmc.org/community-sharing-project
More details about each one of these opportunities will be coming in the next several weeks. We ask for prayers as we seek to serve and support the people in need in our local community during these difficult times. If you want to join a planning team, to help plan out the details, please reach out to the team leader (bolded name). Thanks for your prayers and support of these service opportunities!