A Note Regarding In-Person Services
From our elders (revised Jan. 13):
The elders appreciate your grace as we continue to work through the ongoing elder selection process and our response to the Covid-19 pandemic. We are making progress on both fronts and look forward to sharing with you in the near future. The church doors remain open and we welcome you to safely attend our Sunday morning service and invite Sunday School classes to do the same. We remain convinced that social distancing and masks are still appropriate and necessary precautions. Please keep us in your prayers. Thank you.
New Prayer Bulletin
This time of worshiping remotely continues to make us think about what we do and how and why we do it. The church office was made aware of situations where the bulletin, in particular the prayer list in the bulletin, was being circulated among numerous friends who do not have access to either email and/or a printer. After some discussion, we have decided to make a change that will affect us all. Beginning this Sunday, March 7, 2021, the prayer list in the bulletin will be issued at the beginning of the month as a stand-alone prayer card. It will be printed and placed on the foyer table as well as provided as a link in each Sunday's email. Concerns that arise during the month will be placed in the weekly bulletin and added to the following month's prayer list as needed. Our hope is that these prayer cards will make their way to your Bible, refrigerator, car, nightstand, or wherever is best to remind you to pray for your community. The weekly bulletin layout will be revised slightly, and space for sermon notes will be added.
Two Easter services, similar in nature, are planned for Easter Sunday, April 4. This is in an effort to keep the numbers manageable for appropriate distancing out of respect for each other. The first service is an 8:00 a.m. outdoor worship service (not sunrise service) under a large tent. Bring your own lawn chairs and find appropriately distanced seating under the large tent just off the pathway to the Journey House. A second service is planned for 10:00 a.m. in the sanctuary. Both services will be as similar as possible. Some of the same songs, the same sermon, and both services will end with the traditionally singing of the Hallelujah Chorus, although that will be from your seats or pews, not in a choral configuration up front. One of the differences will be that the outdoor service will not be live streamed. We look forward to worshiping together with you on this Easter Sunday!
Wednesday Prayer Group
Wednesday evenings, 7:00 p.m., Room 103
Meeting in-person in room 103, across from the kitchen.
Men's Prayer Group
Thursday mornings, 6:00 a.m., Fellowship Hall
We are meeting in-person and continue Men's Prayer Time via Zoom (see invitation below) We look forward to you joining us!
Have your Bible ready, as we will be continuing our study of Acts.
Topic: Thursday Morning Prayer Breakfast
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime
Neffsville Mennonite is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Men's Prayer Group
Time: Nov 5, 2020 06:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 830 0661 5072
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,83006615072# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 830 0661 5072
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kppNCEIFD
Sermon Series - The Story
September 27, 2020 through May 2, 2021
We have begun the 31-week sermon series based on the book The Story. Thank you for joining the journey through the Bible in this series. We'll begin with creation and the fall into sin and end with the great revelation 31 weeks later. Our prayer is that you will discover anew the love of God as expressed through his word to us.
The Story Discussion Groups: There are two discussion group options available to you in addition to the Sunday School class discussions.
- Prior to the sermon: **we will not meet in-person until further notice** On Sunday mornings a discussion group led by Pastor Hunter and others will meet in the Fellowship Hall. The introductory video will play at 9:00 a.m., followed by a discussion of the chapter to be the topic during the service that Sunday.
- After the sermon: Join a Zoom chat this evening at 7:00 p.m. to discuss the most recent chapter in the "The Story" book and sermon. The invitation will be part of the Wednesday email.
Note: If you would like to purchase a book, study guide, or some of the youth or children's curriculum for yourself you may find it here for direct purchase: https://churchsource.com/pages/the-story
You are invited and encouraged to worship in the location, home or sanctuary, that works best for you. The important part is that you worship! So, set your mind at ease, pick up your remote control or your car keys, and join us for worship. God will meet you where you are.
Sunday, at 10:00 a.m. in the sanctuary, we will gather together for worship. Here is a brief summary:
- Children's Church: After the Children's Time during the worship service, children in Kindergarten through Grade 5 will be invited outside to a time of teaching and activities geared especially for them.
- Masks are still strongly encouraged while in the facility. We do have masks available if you forgot yours. Unfortunately, this seems to be something we will need to practice for some time yet.
- Social Distancing is still a thing! Or, let's call it physical distancing, as you can still be social from 6'-0 away.
- The bulletin is now available in paper form, and will continue to be available via the church email distribution list or church website.
- Planning to bring a financial gift? An offering plate will be located at the back of the sanctuary.
- Every other row of pews will be closed.
- the coffee station and water fountains will be closed.