Wednesday Night Out(side) Meals (WNO):
- Wednesday, October 7
- Wednesday, October 21
Wednesday Night Out(side) - Wednesday Night Out(side) Meals have returned on a limited basis. The meal will be served from 5:30-6:30 p.m. Here are a few things you can expect:
- Registering is important as these will be box meals created based on the number of people that have signed up. Go here https://forms.gle/UQQUaRdrvgCYwwfU7 to register. If you know someone who does not have internet access and would like to attend please sign up for them or have them call the church office and leave a message (717.569.0012 ext. 102) by noon Monday.
- What are we having? For Wed., Oct. 7, the boxed meal will be TBD. An exact number of boxes will be created. Did I mention that pre-registering by noon, Monday, September 5, is important?
- Bring your own chair! The meals will be picked up at the carport entrance. You are then invited to move to the North Grove (where the church picnic is usually held) to eat.
- If it rains you will still need to pick up your meal. If you own an EZ-Up tent and want to enjoy your meal that way you are most welcome to do so.
- What about Youth and Kids Clubs programs? The Jr. High and Sr. High youth will meet outside near the Journey House from 6:45-8:00 p.m. For now, Kid's Clubs are not offered.
- When are the meals? Glad you asked! They are scheduled for Oct. 7, Oct. 21. As we get into October we will reevaluate future dates based on any new Covid-19 guidelines and, quite frankly, the weather!
Sermon Series - The Story
Beginning this Sunday, September 27, 2020, we will begin a 31-week sermon series based on the book The Story. The books will be on the foyer table with your name in them, and, as of now, we are anticipating the study guides coming in later this week. When they come in they will be placed on the table as well. Thank you for joining the journey through the Bible in this series. We'll begin with creation and the fall into sin and end with the great revelation 31 weeks later. Our prayer is that you will discover anew the love of God as expressed through his word to us.
September 27, 2020: Chapter One "Creation: The Beginning Of Life As We Know It." You are encouraged to read this chapter before Sunday. If you don't have the book, read Genesis 1-9, covering creation through Noah and the flood. This Sunday's sermon title is "The Story of Sin"
Additionally, a discussion group centered on the study guide led by Pastor Hunter will meet Wednesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom beginning Wednesday, September 30. Look for that invitation here that Wednesday.
ACC Fall Assembly
The Fall Assembly of the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC), October 23-25, will be held as primarily a virtual event this year, including a virtual delegate session. If you have been approached to serve as a delegate, thank you for taking the time to consider this important role! More information may be found on the Atlantic Coast Conference website HERE.
ACC Nickels for Neighbors:
This year’s Nickels for Neighbors project will benefit The City School in Philadelphia. The school will be updating playground equipment and installing a gaga court on the Poplar campus. This will allow students to form spontaneous Gaga games, get good exercise, and include others in their play. Look for the jug in the foyer to drop your "nickels' into on Sunday. Deadline is October 18.
Young Adults, cruise on over to the Young Adults page for information on YA Women's Conversations, Connections, and the Fall Picnic. Things are happening all over!
Wednesday Prayer Group
Wednesday evenings, 7:00 p.m., Room 103
The Prayer Group meets in person and via Zoom (unfortunately no Zoom this week) for a time of prayer for personal, local, national, and international concerns.
Men's Prayer Group
Thursday mornings, 6:00 a.m., Fellowship Hall
We will hold our Men's Prayer Time in the Fellowship Hall, socially distant and with masks or via Zoom (see invitation bewlow) We look forward to you joining us!
Have your Bible ready, as we will be continuing our study of Acts.
Topic: Men's Prayer Group
Time: 06:00 AM Eastern Time
Every week on Thu, until Dec 31, 2020, 17 occurrence(s)
Sep 10, 2020 06:00 AM
Dec 31, 2020 06:00 AM
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 876 2198 6234
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,87621986234# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 876 2198 6234
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kd8aMmk2zF
Staffing Changes at NMC:
Caring for our children remains a priority, and the Elders are discerning the next steps in caring for the spiritual needs of the youngest members of our congregation. The position of Dir. of Children's Faith Formation is open and progress is being made.
Applications are now being accepted for this position. Go here for more information.
Update - Aug. 26: A team comprised of Hunter Hess, Phil Hostetter, Jana' Peachey, Ally Weaver, and possibly one other member has been formed to interview candidates. Several applications have been received and interviews are being scheduled.
08/26 - Plans, material selections, and a myriad of other details are being finalized. A construction timeline is anticipated soon. Your support has been incredible. If you would like to contribute to the renovations please note "Kitchen" in the comments or memo line.
Once again, look for a link to the live-stream in the Sunday morning email or go to our YouTube channel, subscribe, and hit the notification bell. You will then get a notification when we go "live."
For those of you wanting to access the video later, I've heard that it doesn't show up in your feed right away. If that was your experience, try this: Go to our channel (link above), click on the "VIDEOS" tab. Just below that click on the word "Uploads" and select "Live Streams." That will take you to our live-streams page where all the live stream videos reside. Hope that helps, and thank you so very much for watching! --dean
You are invited and encouraged to worship in the location, home or sanctuary, that works best for you. The important part is that you worship! So, set your mind at ease, pick up your remote control or your car keys, and join us for worship. God will meet you where you are.
Sunday, at 10:00 a.m. in the sanctuary, we will gather together for worship. Not sure what to expect? Watch this video by Pastor Hunter walking you through the process. Here is a brief summary as well:
- Sermon Series: We are currently in a sermon series based on the book of Philippians, Growing Together.
- Children's Church: After the Children's Time during the worship service, elementary school age children will be invited outside to a time of teaching and activities geared especiall for them.
- Masks are still strongly encouraged while in the facility. We do have masks available if you forgot yours. Unfortunately, this seems to be something we will need to practice for some time yet.
- Social Distancing is still a thing! Or, let's call it physical distancing, as you can still be social from 6'-0 away.
- The bulletin will be available via this email or church website only.
- Planning to bring a financial gift? An offering plate will be located at the back of the sanctuary.
- Every other row of pews will be closed.
- Unfortunately, Sunday School is not open yet, and while the nursery will be available if needed, it will not be staffed.
- The lower level (except for the nursery) and the second floor will be closed.
- the coffee station and water fountains will be closed.
The Elders created a more detailed document of the guidelines above, which is available here.