Local Service Opportunities
Each year our congregation pulls together local service projects and this year the planning team is considering the following projects.
Let us know HERE if you are willing to be involved in planning any of the following.
- a) Reaching out to Lancashire Hall to support their residents’ physical needs.
- b) Compassion Project of serving our neighbors’ physical housing needs.
- c) Work with Blessings of Hope and our youth to provide food for our community.
- d) Work with our youth group, helping to serve meals to the community.
- e) Work with Mennonite Disaster Service and our Youth in housing construction at Crisfield, MD.
- f) Continuing to explore a community garden possibility at NMC.
- g) Community Sharing Project, raising funds for local organizations that are supporting those on the margins in Lancaster.
- h) Talking with local churches to see if they want to join us on any of these projects.
- i) Continuing to highlight various local organizations working with those struggling with social/emotional issues.
- j) Work with Church World Services to support immigrants among us.
Our Local Service Opportunity Planning Team is considering developing some of these ideas for our church in 2023, but we need more planners to join the planning team for these activities. Can you give some time this spring to help plan any of these ideas? If so, contact Alan Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Phil Hostetter (email@example.com).
Anabaptism at 500
To mark the 500th anniversary of the founding of the Mennonite Church, the Anabaptist Bible project has launched "Anabaptism at 500". This effort is an attempt to create an NIV Bible containing "helps" based on the collective discussion of members of the current Mennonite Church modeled after the biblically-based discussions among spiritually searching Swiss believers in the 16th century. These discussions based on their understanding of Bibles that they could own and read for themselves resulted in the formation of the Anabaptist movement, from which sprang the Mennonite Church.
Today's effort intends to involve the entire North American Church in a process of creating commentaries and notes from 21st Century Christians to add to a bible for 21st Century Christians.
To be part of this effort you must
- form or join a group
- go on the Anabaptism at 500 website to register the group
- receive then read your 3 assigned passages
- meet at least 4 times to read and study together, using the 5 prompts, given with the 3 passages, to guide your study.
- send in your insights, applications and questions.
If you form a group or are interested in joining a group, please contact Alan Miller or Steve Landis so that we can plug you into a group or plug into your group an individual or couple who wants to join a group.
the Sunday School Support Committee
Wednesday Night Out – Spring 2023
The Wednesday Night Out (WNO) Team has been working hard to create opportunities for us to connect. The plan is to have two meals a month, prepared and served in the Fellowship Hall.
The meal sign-up is under the Registration menu above.
Also happening on Wednesday evenings are:
- Bell Choir Rehearsal (6:00 p.m., Sanctuary)
- Prayer Group (7:00 p.m., room 209)
- Choir Rehearsal (7:00 p.m., Sanctuary)
- Jr. High Youth Group (room 8)
- Sr. High Youth Group (Journey House)
- Worship Team rehearsal (8:00 p.m., Sanctuary).
Music has long been valued and appreciated at NMC. Here are several opportunities to participate in the music of our faith and this church.
- Adult Choir - The Adult Choir sings approx. once a month in worship from Sept. thru April, including Christmas Eve and Easter Sunday. We have a great time singing, learning, and having fellowship with one another. No experience is necessary and all voice types are welcome! Rehearsals are every Wednesday from 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM in the Sanctuary.
- Bell Choir - We need at least two more people in order to have a Bell Choir this year. The Bell Choir plays approx. once a month in worship from Sept. thru. April. We enjoy, playing and learning. No experience and minimal musical knowledge is required. Rehearsals are every Wednesday from 6:00 PM - 6:45 PM in the Sanctuary.
- Worship Team - Worship Team members play approx. once a month in worship year-round. We are in need of drummers, guitarists, keyboardists (or pianists), bass players, and singers. There is an informal, low-pressure audition process. Singers and instrumentalists only need to be beyond beginner level to play on the team. Rehearsals are Wednesdays at 8:00 PM during the school year.
Please contact Rashard Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Wednesday Prayer Group
Wednesday evenings, 7:00 p.m., Room 103
Meeting in-person in room 209. Take the elevator to the second floor, turn left, first door on the right.
Men's Prayer Group
Thursday mornings, 6:00 a.m., Journey House
We are meeting in person, sharing prayer concerns, and praying for each other, followed by a time of Bible study. We look forward to you joining us!
You are invited and encouraged to worship in the location, home or sanctuary, that works best for you. The important part is that you worship! So, set your mind at ease, pick up your remote control or your car keys, and join us for worship. Online at https://www.youtube.com/user/NeffsvilleMennonite or in-person at 2371 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, PA. God will meet you where you are.
Sunday, at 10:00 a.m. in the sanctuary, we will gather together for worship. Here is a brief summary:
- Mask use will be at the discretion of each individual or family. (updated 5/19/2021)
- The bulletin is available in paper form and will continue to be available via the church email distribution list or church website.
- Planning to bring a financial gift? An offering plate will be located at the back of the sanctuary.
- Seating: All pews are now open for seating.
- Coffee is again available. Come to the Fellowship Hall, where a team will serve coffee to you.