MOPS (Mothers Of Pre-Schoolers) Resumes
MOPS resumes September 8 at 6:00 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall and continues on the 2nd and 4th Thursday evenings each month. All mothers of pre-school children are invited. Childcare is provided. Go to neffmc.org/mops for more information.
Do you remember Lydia’s Closet? It’s the free school student clothing bank started by St. Peter’s Evangelical Lutheran Church (Lititz Pike/Delp Road), St. Mathew Evangelical Lutheran Church (Grandview), and Neffsville Mennonite Church in 2015. Although it had to be closed for a while due to the pandemic, it’s been back up and running full-swing for some time. Clothes are distributed to families on the first Saturday of each month between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. at St. Peter’s.
Lydia’s Closet is always seeking donations of gently used clothing that would fit (and be worn by) school students (child size 5 to adult sizes). Lydia’s Closet also distributes new boys/men’s and girls/women’s socks and underwear. IMPORTANT: Although all other donated clothing items may be used, SOCK AND UNDERWEAR DONATIONS MUST BE NEW, IN THEIR PACKAGES. If you have clothing, socks, and/or underwear to donate, you can place them in the Lydia’s Closet bin located at St. Peter’s main door at any time day or night!
At this time, Lydia’s Closet has an urgent need for men’s socks. If you’re out school shopping, please consider picking up some extra men’s socks to donate! Beginning Sunday, September 4th , you can place your (new, in the package) sock donations in the collection basket near the Prayer Shawl display. Please contact Kris Plakans (717-330-4881) if you have any questions. Thanks in advance!
Wednesday Night Out – Fall 2022
The Wednesday Night Out (WNO) Team has been working hard to create opportunities for us to connect. The plan is to have two meals a month, prepared and served in the Fellowship Hall.
The meal sign-up is under the Registration menu above.
Also happening on Wednesday evenings are:
- Bell Choir Rehearsal (6:00 p.m., Sanctuary)
- Prayer Group (7:00 p.m., room 209)
- Choir Rehearsal (7:00 p.m., Sanctuary)
- Jr. High Youth Group (room 8)
- Sr. High Youth Group (Journey House)
- Worship Team rehearsal (8:00 p.m., Sanctuary).
Music has long been valued and appreciated at NMC. Here are several opportunities to participate in the music of our faith and this church.
- Adult Choir - The Adult Choir sings approx. once a month in worship from Sept. thru April, including Christmas Eve and Easter Sunday. We have a great time singing, learning, and having fellowship with one another. No experience is necessary and all voice types are welcome! Rehearsals are every Wednesday from 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM in the Sanctuary.
- Bell Choir - We need at least two more people in order to have a Bell Choir this year. The Bell Choir plays approx. once a month in worship from Sept. thru. April. We enjoy, playing and learning. No experience and minimal musical knowledge is required. Rehearsals are every Wednesday from 6:00 PM - 6:45 PM in the Sanctuary.
- Worship Team - Worship Team members play approx. once a month in worship year-round. We are in need of drummers, guitarists, keyboardists (or pianists), bass players, and singers. There is an informal, low-pressure audition process. Singers and instrumentalists only need to be beyond beginner level to play on the team. Rehearsals are Wednesdays at 8:00 PM during the school year.
Please contact Rashard Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Wednesday Prayer Group
Wednesday evenings, 7:00 p.m., Room 103
Meeting in-person in room 209. Take the elevator to the second floor, turn left, first door on the right.
Men's Prayer Group
Thursday mornings, 6:00 a.m., Journey House
We are meeting in person, sharing prayer concerns, and praying for each other, followed by a time of Bible study. We look forward to you joining us!
You are invited and encouraged to worship in the location, home or sanctuary, that works best for you. The important part is that you worship! So, set your mind at ease, pick up your remote control or your car keys, and join us for worship. Online at https://www.youtube.com/user/NeffsvilleMennonite or in-person at 2371 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, PA. God will meet you where you are.
Sunday, at 10:00 a.m. in the sanctuary, we will gather together for worship. Here is a brief summary:
- Mask use will be at the discretion of each individual or family. (updated 5/19/2021)
- The bulletin is available in paper form and will continue to be available via the church email distribution list or church website.
- Planning to bring a financial gift? An offering plate will be located at the back of the sanctuary.
- Seating: All pews are now open for seating.
- Coffee is again available. Come to the Fellowship Hall, where a team will serve coffee to you.